How Lyric works
- Lyric hearing aid’s exterior is made with a soft material specifically designed to contour to your ear canal
- It is comfortably placed during a visit to your audiologist
- No anesthesia or surgery is required
- Lyric’s unique design and placement works with your ear’s anatomy to deliver exceptional sound quality
- It uses your outer ear to naturally direct sound into your ear canal, with out the need for multiple settings or complicated programs
- Once placed, Lyric is 100% invisible, allowing you to enjoy all the benefits of better hearing without anyone knowing you’re using a hearing device
Lyric is the 100% invisible extended wear hearing aid designed specifically to meet the needs of those with mild to moderately severe hearing loss. Developed by ENT physicians, audiologists, and engineers, Lyric was built around three key concepts that hearing professionals have known for years:
- Sound quality improves with proximity to the ear drum
- Many people with hearing loss are dissatisfied with their hearing aid options
- Consumers desire an invisible hearing solution without daily hassles
Patients recommend LyricTM. 94% of Lyric patients would recommend Lyric to a friend or loved one.*
*Based on results from two surveys totaling 134 patients who had worn Lyric for at least 30 days
Deep canal placement makes Lyric 100% invisible, and because it can remain in the ear canal for up to 4 months at a time, it is free of daily hassles. This deep canal placement also has significant sound benefits, which include:
- Improved Directionality and Localization (ability to tell where sounds are coming from)
- Minimized Occlusion Effect (blocked feeling in the ear canal)
- Reduced Feedback (whistling sound hearing aids can make)
- High-Frequency Gain (ability to hear high pitched sounds)
- Reduction of wind noises
- Ability to use ear-level listening devices, such as a telephone, headphones, or stethoscope, with little to no feedback
Once you are wearing Lyric, you will return to your Lyric provider as needed to obtain replacement devices (approximately 5 ten minute visits a year). Replacement devices for the year are covered in the cost of Lyric. You can adjust the volume as needed by using the SoundLync® adjustment tool. This tool also allows you to remove the device if needed.
Compare Lyric and Traditional Hearing Aids
Deciding on what type of hearing aid is best suitable for you can be challenging. Hearing Aids come in various brands and styles with different benefits, features, and prices. Making the right decision involves a combination of factors including your specific type of hearing loss, your lifestyle and hearing requirements but most importantly the advice of an Audiologist. Ear & Hearing Australia are recommended audiologists in Melbourne for Invisible Hearing aids because we are a Lyric Premier Elite provider.
Audiologists at Ear & Hearing Australia discuss, consult and help you consider whether Lyric® is right for you, they also help you understand the difference between Lyric and traditional hearing aids. Traditional aids are daily wear devices that come in a variety of forms (behind the ear, in the canal, etc.). Lyric is an extended wearable device that resides in the ear for months at a time. To illustrate the difference between these two categories of hearing aid options, we have provided the features of each below.